Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dylan Glanzer-Parties By Dylan

Dylan's Story
I had always wanted to be on stage singing and acting since I was a little girl. Nothing could have swayed me from this dream. But after majoring in Theatre in undergrad and spending about 5 years in the NYC doing LOTS of auditions, some acting work, and waiting tables, I audtioned for a children's play program that changed the course of my life! Once I decided that the "Big Break" wasn't coming (well, fast enough!) I opted for marriage and was hoping one day to have children. Fast forward a few years and I was lucky enough to have my first child at the same time that I got my teaching degree. Wanting very much to stay at home with my son, I didn't want to go for that full time teaching job. Time to get creative! What was I good at? Hmmm. Singing, Performing, and Teaching! I put that all together and started calling preschools to see if they needed a music teacher. Doing children's parties just came right out of that! So now another fast forward, and I have been running my own children's party business and teaching my own music program at a variety of preschools for almost 20 years. I love my job, and thanks to my business coach and to Savor, I am expanding it. I now have 2 employees doing parties in my company! This is so exciting and fun. I have 2 children now 11 years old and 14 years old. I am proud to have created not just a job for myself, but a home based business that allows me so spend my energy singing and performing for my favorite audience, children under 6 AND I still have plenty of time to enjoy being a mom!!

Dylan's site is  www.partiesbydylan.com



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete