Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Melody Stevens-Time Millionaire

Melody's story

I became owner of a music academy in 1997, before I had my daughter. I worked feverishly and was doing almost everything myself- the voice and piano teaching, admin, book keeping, dealing with customer service, marketing, advertising, etc. I was exhausted and was making peanuts for money. This went on for 4 years and then it struck me.
I was 33 years old and I wanted to have a baby.
It was that desire that inspired me to start to develop my time wealth. As it was, there was no way I was going to find the time to actually birth a child, let alone allow my body to heal for a few weeks.
And there was no way I was giving up on my business.
Long story short, I hired a business coach, read Michael Gerber's "The E Myth," hired an office manager and a book keeper. 6 months later, I was earning a steady, respectable salary and then got pregnant.
9 months later I had my daughter Sarah (now 9 years old) and I took a 2 month maternity leave from my business while it not only ran without me, but we expanded into a satalite location. I did nothing but breast feed my daughter and allow my body to heal; oh, and I tried to re-negotiate one of my leases because I got a little bored on my maternity leave (LOL).....but that's a whole other story.
I collected disability while on maternity leave, and upon my return, my salary was there for me and my business was up in enrollment.
My daughter remains my main inspiration.

Melody's site is www.Timemillionaireonline.com

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete